Young scientist SERB Fast Track Award
1 ICMR Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
2 Received Travel Grant Award from ICMR to attend UK Probiotic Conference 2015 at Royal Holloway University London 29th June – 1st July 2015.
3 Recipient of Travel Grant Award from DST to attend 11th International conference functional foods and chronic inflammation: Science and practical application, university of San Diego USA 2012
4 Senior Research Fellowship Award by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Government of India, for doctoral studies (2005 - 2009)
5 Received Scholarship Award from AFSLAB Society to present paper in 5th Conference for the Asia Federation of Societies for Lactic Acid Bacteria SINGAPORE (2009).
6 Awarded Travel Grant to attend and present paper in 3rd international probiotic conference SLOVAKIA (Europe) (2008).
7 Qualified GATE in 2003
8 NET Qualified
9 Qualified Fundamental of Health Research Course (NPTEL)
1. National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) USA
2. Life Member of Nutritional Society of India
3. ASM (American society of Microbiology)
1. Frontiers in Microbiology
2. External Referee of the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant 2013 project proposals. (http://erc.europa.eu/)
3.Indian Journal of Nutrition (Editorial Board)
(http://www.opensciencepublications.com/indian-journals1/indian- journal-of-nutrition/editorial-board) 4.International Journal of Immunotherapy and Cancer Research
1. 11th International Conference on Functional Foods and Chronic Inflammation: Science and Practical Application; held at the San Diego University, USA 21-23 Aug. 2012 entitled ‘Synergistic effect of Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Allium Sativum on PI3-kinase and Wnt Signaling on DMH induced colon cancer.
2. In 5th Conference for the Asia Federation of Societies for Lactic Acid Bacteria 30 June- 4 July 2009 Singapore NUSS entitle‘’Anticarcinogenic role of probiotic fermented milk against Aflatoxin B1 induced rat liver’’
3. In 3rd International Probiotic Conference 4th June - 7th June 2008 Hotel Bellevue High Tatras Slovakia entitled “A probiotic fermented milk prepared by mixed culture combination reduces pathogen shedding and alleviates disease signs in rats challenged with pathogens”
4. In UK Probiotics Conference 2015 from 29th June – 1st July 2015 at Royal Holloway University London entitled ‘’Effect of Probiotic and Prebiotics on Gut Microbiome and Cardiometabolic Health of Overweight Adults and Healthy Young Volunteers.
Metagenomics, Environmental Endocrine Disruptors, Metabolic disorders, Antimicrobial resistance
1.Kumar M, Yadav A.K, Verma V, Singh B, Mal G, Nagpal R, Hemalatha R (2016) Bioengineered probiotics as a new hope for health and diseases: Potential and prospects: An overview. Future Microbiology Vol. 11, No. 4, Pages 585-600, DOI 10.2217/fmb.16.4
2. Manoj Kumar, Vinod Verma, Ravinder Nagpal, Ashok kumar, B. Singh, Pradip Behare, Chand Ram and P.K. Aggarwal (2012). Anticarcinogenic effect of Probiotic fermented milk and Chlorophyllin on Aflatoxin-B1 induced liver carcinogenesis in rats. British Journal of Nutrition (Cambridge university press) (107), 1006–1016.
3. Manoj Kumar, Vinod Verma, Ravinder Nagpal, Ashok Kumar, Sanjeev K. Gautam , Pradip V. Behare, Chand R. Grover, Praveen K. Aggarwal (2011). Effect of probiotic fermented milk and chlorophyllin on gene expressions andgenotoxicity during AFB1-induced hepatocellular carcinoma.GENE VOL 490(1-2) PP 54-59; IF 2.341 ISSN: 0378-1119.
4. Kumar M, Kumar A, Nagpal R, Mohania D, Behare P, Verma V, Kumar P, Poddar D, Aggarwal P.K., Henry C.J.K., Jain S and Yadav H. 2010. Cancer preventing attributes of probiotics: An update. Int J Food Sci Nutr.(informa health care) 61(5):473-96. (2010) Impact Factor: 1.223 ; ISSN: 0963-7486
5. Kumar M; Nagpal, R; Verma, V; Kumar, A; Kaur, N; Hemalatha, R; Gautam, S; Singh, Birbal (2013).The probiotic metabolites as epigenetic target to control colon cancer. Nutrition reviews (Wiley & Sons) Vol. 71(1):23–34 (doi:10.1111/j.1753-4887.2012.00542.x)
6. Hemalatha Rajkumar, Naseha Mahmood, Manoj Kumar*, Sudarshan R. Varikuti, Hanumanth Reddy Challa, and Shiva Prakash M (2014) Effect of probiotic (VSL#3) and omega-3 on lipid profile, insulin sensitivity, inflammatory markers and gut colonization in overweight adults: a randomized, controlled trial. Mediators in Inflammation Volume 2014, Article ID 348959, 8 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/348959
7. Hemalatha Rajkumar, Manoj Kumar*, Das Nilita, Kumar Nishanth, Hanumanth Reddy Challa, Nagpal Ravinder. 2014; Effect of probiotic Lactobacillus salivarius UBL S22 and prebiotic fructo-oligosaccharide on serum lipids, inflammatory markers, and insulin sensitivity and gut bacteria in healthy young volunteers: A randomized controlled single-blind pilot study. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. Vol. 20(3) 289-298
8. Birbal Singh, Gorakh Mal, Deepika Bharti, Dheeraj Mohania, Manoj Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar Gautam, Francesco Marotta, Hariom Yadav and Ravinder Nagpal. Probiotics in Female Reproductive Health: Paradigms, Prospects and Challenges. 2013. Current Women’s Health Reviews, 9, 239-248.
9. Rajkumar Hemalatha, Manoj Kumar*, Ashok K. Yadav, , Ravinder Nagpal, Yuichiro Yamashiro, Francesco Marotta Potential Of Probiotics As A Versatile Remedy For Women’s Urogenital Health: An Optimistic Perspective. International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics 2014.Vol. 9, No. 1/2, pp.
10. Ronanki S, Kulkarni S, Hemalatha R, Kumar M, Reddy P (2016 ) Efficacy of commercially available chlorhexidine mouthrinses against specific oral microflora Indian J Dent Res. 2016 Jan-Feb;27(1):48-53.ISSN- -0970-9290; doi: doi: 10.4103/0970-9290.179816
11. Nagpal R, Kumar M*, Yadav AK, Hemalatha R, Yadav H, Marotta F,Yamashiro Y (2016) Gut microbiota in health and disease: an overview focused on metabolic inflammation. Beneficial microbes 7(2): 181-194
12. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Kumar R, Hemalatha R, Verma V, Kumar A, Chakraborty C,Singh B, Marotta F, Jain S and Yadav H (2012) Cholesterol Lowering Probiotics as Potential Biotherapeutics for Metabolic Diseases. Journal of Diabetes Research (earlier Experimental Diabetes Research). 1560-4284 doi:10.1155/2012/902917. Article ID 902917.
13. Kumar M, Rakesh S, Nagpal R, Kumar R, Hemalatha R, Ramakrishna A, Sudarshan V, Ramagoni R, Shujauddin M, Verma V, Kumar A, Tiwari A, Singh B (2013). Probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Aloe vera gel improves lipid profiles in hypercholesterolemic rats. Nutrition 29 (2013), pp. 574-579 (DOI 10.1016/j.nut.2012.09.006 Nagpal R, Kumar A and Kumar M 2011. Fortification and fermentation of fruit juices with probiotic Lactobacilli Annals of Microbiology (springer) Volume 62, Issue 4, pp 1573-1578 (Impact Factor; 1.039); ISSN: 1590-4261.
15. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Verma V, Hemalatha R, Kumar A, Singh S, Marotta F, Jain S, Yadav H 2013 Targeted cancer therapies: the future of cancer treatment. Acta Bio Medica Atenei Parmensis 83(3): 220-233.
16. Nagpal R, Kaur V, Kumar M, Marotta F 2012 Effect of Aloe vera juice on growth & activities of Lactobacilli in-vitro. Acta Biomed 83(3): 183-188.
17. Kumar M, Mohania D, Poddar D, Behare PV, Nagpal R, Kumar A, Aggarwal PK 2009. A probiotic fermented milk prepared by mixed culture combination reduces pathogen shedding and alleviates disease signs in rats challenged with pathogens. International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics (new century health publishers) vol 4 (3) pp 211-218.
18. Durgaprasad Laveti, Manoj Kumar*, R. Hemalatha, Ramakrishna Sistla, V.G.M. Naidu,Venu Talla, Vinod Verma, Navrinder Kaur and Ravinder Nagpal (2013) Anti-Inflammatory Treatments for Chronic Diseases: A Review Inflammation & Allergy - Drug Targets Vol 12, Number 5, October 2013, pp.349-361(13)
19. Dheeraj Mohania, Vinod K. Kansal, Dilip Shah ,Ravinder Nagpal, Manoj Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar Gautam, Birbal Singh, Pradip Vishnu Behare. (2013). Therapeutic potential of probiotic Dahi on plasma, aortic and hepatic lipid profile of hypercholesterolemic rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Sep;18(5):490-7. doi: 10.1177/1074248413487431
20. Rajesh Kumar , Hemalatha Rajkumar, Manoj Kumar, Sudarshan Reddy Varikuti, Ramakrishna Athimamula, Ramesh Ramagoni and Narendrababu Kondapalli (2013). Molecular Cloning, Characterization and Heterologous Expression of Bile Salt Hydrolase (Bsh) from Lactobacillus fermentum NCDO394 Mol Bio Report Volume 40, Issue 8, pp 5057–5066 10.1007/s11033-013-2607-2
21. Birbal singh, Sanjeev K. Gautam, Vinod Verma, Manoj kumar, Bhupinder Singh 2008. Metagenomics in animal gastrointestinal ecosystem: Potential biotechnological prospects. Journal of Anaerobe (Elsevier) vol. 14, june 2008, p138-144
22. R. Nagpal; P. V. Behare; M. Kumar; D. Mohania; M. Yadav; S. Jain; S. Menon; O. Parkash; F. Marotta; E. Minelli; C JKHenry; H. Yadav 2011 Milk, milk products and disease free health: an updated overview Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition (Taylor & Francis), 1549-7852, Vol 52: 4, (IF 5.548) (ISSN: 1549-7852).
23. Mohania D, Nagpal R, Kumar M, Bhardwaj A, Yadav M, Jain S, Marrota F, Singh V, Parkash O and Yadav H 2008 Molecular methods for identification and characterization of lactic acid bacteria: a review. Journal of Digestive Diseases (Blackwell Publishing) 9: 190-198. (IF 1.924 ISSN 1751-2980).
24. Nagpal, Ravinder; Kumar, Ashwani; Kumar, Manoj; Behare, Pradip; Jain, Shalini; Yadav Hariom 2012. Probiotics, their Health Benefits and Applications for Developing Healthier Foods: A Review FEMS Microbiology Letters 334 (1):1-15 DOI: 10.1111/j.1574-6968.2012.02593.x).
25. Manoj kumar, R Hemalatha, Rajesh Kumar, Ravinder Nagpal, Dev Raj,Vinod Verma, Pradip Behare, G. Mal, and B. Singh (2013) Epigenetics, Probiotic Metabolites and Colon Cancer Prevention: An overview of progress, opportunities and challenges. Med Epigenetics 2013; 1:60–69.
26. Dheeraj Mohania, Vinod K. Kansal, Manoj Kumar (2013) Modulation of expression of Programmed Death-1 by administration of probiotic Dahi in DMH-induced colorectal carcinogenesis in rats Acta Biomed 2013; 84: 102-109.issn 0392-4203
27. Manoj Kumar and R Hemalatha (2013). Probiotics and its possible relationship with metabolic diseases: A Review Nutrition In Disease Management Update series 59 (centre for research on nutrition support systems).
28. Verma, V., Mehta, A., Pal, S., Kumar, M., Singh, B. , Kumar, A. and Gautam, S. (2014) In Pursuit of Porcine Pluripotent Stem Cells for Autologous Cell Therapy. Stem Cell Discovery, 4, 107-124. Doi: 10.4236/scd.2014.44012.
29. P.V. Behare, R. Singh, S.K. Tomar, R. Nagpal, M. Kumar, D. Mohania 2010 Effect of Exopolysaccharide Producing Strains of Streptococcus thermophilus on Technological Attributes of Fat-free Lassi . Journal of dairy science vol. 93; issue7, 2874-2879. (IF 2.564 ISSN 1525-3198).
30. Behare PV, Singh R, Nagpal R, Kumar M, Tomar SK and Prajapati JB 2009 Comparative effect of exopolysaccharides produced in-situ or added as bio-ingredients on dahi properties. Milchwissenschaft Vol 64. No.4 pp 349-472.
31. Kumar M, Mohania D, Kumar A, Nagpal R, Behare PV,Aggarwal PK, Morrota F, Jain S and Yadav H 2009 Metabolomics: an emerging tool for nutrition and health aspect. Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research Vol. 7, No. 2. pp 97-104
32. Kumar M, Behare PV, Mohania D, Arora S, Kaur A and Nagpal R 2009 Health-Promoting Probiotic Functional Foods: Potential and Prospects. AgroFOOD Industry Hi-tech 20: 29-33.
33. Behare, P.V, Rameshwar Singh, Kumar Manoj, Singh, R.P. and Prajapati, J.B.(2009).Exopolysaccharides of Lactic Acid Bacteria- a review J Food Sci Technol, 46(1), 1–11.
34. Ravinder Nagpal, Pradip Behare, Rajiv Rana, Ashwani Kumar, Manoj Kumar, Sanu Arora, Fransesco Morotta, Shalini Jain and Hariom Yadav 2011. Bioactive peptides derived from milk proteins and their health beneficial potentials: an update. Food and Function 2 (1) 18-27
35. Kapil Dev, Shiv Kumar Giri, Anil Kumar, Anil Khuttan, Anita Yadav, R.P. Mandhan, Manoj Kumar, Dheeraj Mohania, Sushil Kumar Phuilia, Laxman Singh, Vijay Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar Gautam. Studies of various microbial contaminants during culturing of amniotic fluid derived cells in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis). International Journal of Animal Biotechnology, Vol.1, No.1 (Dec. 2011) ISSN 2277-4122.
36. Ashok Kumar Yadav, Kishore Kumar, Mukesh Verma, Mukesh Kumar, Manoj Kumar (2014). Designing of Species-specific inhibition: The cysteine residues of triosephosphate isomerase. Basic Research Journal of Medicine and Clinical Sciences Vol. 3(6) pp. 62-66.
37. He F, Kumar N, Marotta F, Singh B, Khokhlov AN, Kumar M et al. (2017) Effect of an Integrated Nutr
aceutical Formula on Key Inflammatory Regulators in Subjects with Metabolic Syndrome Features: A Randomized, Double-Blind Study. Clin Pharmacol Biopharm 6:167. doi: 10.4172/2167-065X.1000167.
38. Gagandeep Singh , Dixit Sharma , Vikram Singh , Jyoti Rani , Francessco Marotta , Manoj Kumar , Gorakh Mal & Birbal Singh (2017) In silico functional elucidation of uncharacterized proteins of Chlamydia abortus strain LLG. Future Science OA 3(1) pp 1-16 (doi:10.4155/fsoa-2016-0066) ISSN 2056-539.
39. Manoj Kumar, Rajkumar Hemalatha, Ravinder Nagpal, Birbal Singh, Devraj Parasannanavar, Vinod Verma, Ashok Kumar, Francesco Marotta, Roberto Catanzaro, Biagio Cuffari, Shalini Jain, Laura Bissi, and Hariom Yadav 2016 Probiotic Approaches For Targeting Inflammatory Bowel Disease: An Update On Advances And Opportunities In Managing The Disease International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics Vol. 11, No 3/4, pp. 99-116, 2016 .ISSN 1555-1431
40. S. Sabiha Shaheen, Padma Reddy, Hemalatha, Srikanth Reddy, Dolar Doshi, Suhas Kulkarni, and Manoj Kumar (2015) Antimicrobial Efficacy of Ten Commercially Available Herbal Dentifrices against Specific Oral Microflora – In Vitro Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research .9 (4): ZC42–ZC46.
Stem cells from culture dish to clinic. Verma V, Singh and Kumar M. (eds.) Nova Science Publisher 2017
1. Manoj Kumar, Ravinder Nagpal, Rajkumar Hemalatha, Hariom Yadav, Francesco Marotta 2015 Probiotics and Prebiotics for Promoting Health: via Gut Microbiota. Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics Bioactive Foods in Promoting Health, Second Edition, Chapter 6: pp 75-85 Academic press (Elsevier Publication) doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-802189-7.00006-X. ISBN: 978-0-12-802189-7
2. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Mohania D, Yadav H and Verma V 2009: Real-time PCR as an emerging tool for rapid detection of food borne pathogens. In: Sayyed RZ & Patil AS (Eds) Biotechnology Emerging Trends. Scientific publisher, Jodhpur, India. (ISBN No.978-81-7233-587-8) pp 267-280.
3. B Singh, M Mukesh, M Sodhi, SK Gautam, M. Kumar, PS Yadav: Nutrigenomics, metabolomics and metabonomics: Emerging faces of molecular genomics and nutrition. Metabolomics: Metabolites, Metabonomic Editor: Justin S. Knapp and William L. Cabrera 2009 Nova Science Publishers, Inc USA ISBN: 978-1-61668-006-0.
4. B. Singh, G. Mal, D. Sharma, S.K. Gautam, M. Kumar, U. Solimene, M. Metalla, Francesco Marottak 2018: Plant Polyphenols: The Futuristic Bioactive Therapeutics for Skin Care. Polyphenols: Prevention and treatment of human disease. Second Edition vol2 Edited by Ronald Ross Watson, Victor R. Preedy and Sherma Zibadi. Academic press. ISBN: 978-0-12-813008-7
5. Saji Menon, Shalini Jain, Ravinder Nagpal, Manoj Kumar, Dheeraj Mohania, Dhananjay Yadav, Fracesco Marotta, Mukesh Yadav, and Hariom Yadav: Immunomodulatory Potential of Conjugated Linolenic Acid. Dietary Components and immune Function (Eds.) RR Watson; S.Zibadi, V.R Preedy 2010, Humana Press. Springer link. xxvii, 350p 55illus., (ISBN:978-1-60761-060-1) pp 217-226.
6. Ravinder Nagpal, Hariom Yadav, Manoj Kumar, Shalini Jain, Yuichiro Yamashiro, Francesco Marotta: Probiotics, prebiotics and Synbiotics: An Introduction (2013). Probiotic and prebiotic in food nutrition and health. Edited by Semih Otles CRC Press Taylor and Francis group USA (ISBN-13: 9781466586239).
7. V.Verma, S.K. Gautam, M. Kumar, D.Mohania and M.S. Chauhan: “Framing the Future: Transgenic Technology”. Biotechnology in plant improvement P.C Trivedi, 2007 pointer publishers (ISBN 978-81-7132-494-1) pp 141-157.
8. Nagpal R, Arora S, Behare PV and Kumar M. 2010: Prospective biotechnological interventions for manipulation of rumen bacteria: from vision to realism. In: Trivedi PC (Eds.). Applications of Microbiology. Aavishkar Publisher, Jaipur, India. page no. 58-65." (ISBN:- -9788179103111)
9. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Kumar R, Hemalatha R, Tiwari A, Pallavi M,Verma V, Kumar A: Role of Probiotic In Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer 2013. In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. by JBC Publisher page no. 820-833 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0)
10. Kumar M, R Kumar , Nagpal R , Hemalatha R, Verma V, Kumar A: Bifidobacteria As Probiotics: Insight Into Clinical Indications And Health Benefits 2013. In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. By JBC Publisher page no. 937-948 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0).
11. Ravinder Nagpal, Ashwani Kumar, Manoj Kumar, P.V. Behare and Randhir Singh. Probiotics: health benefits, applications and potential for developing healthier foods In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. By JBC Publisher page no. 765-798 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0).
12. Satvinder Singh, Shilpi Malhotra, Tulika Arora, Ramesh Pothuraju and Manoj Kumar: Probiotics and prebiotics in the management of obesity and diabetes In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. by JBC Publisher page no. 949-977 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0)
13. Pallavi Mittal, Akhilesh Tiwari, Manoj Kumar, Ruma Devi and Seema P. Upadhyae 2013: Effective micro-organism technology: a sign of revolution In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. by JBC Publisher page no. 1065-1075 (ISBN 978- 9381558-85-0)
14. Akhilesh Tiwari, Anuradha Samyal, P. Mittal, M. Kumar and S.P. Upadhye. 2013: The windfall for farmers: Biofertilizers In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. By JBC Publisher page no. 218-233 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0).
15. Birbal Singh, R. Bhar, V. Umapathi, R. Sharma, SK Gautam, M. Kumar, V. Verma. 2013 Direct fed microbials: a livestock perspective In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. by JBC Publisher page no. 140-155 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0).
16. P.V. Behare, A.M. Shendurse, V.D. Kele, S. Sarkate, M. Kumar, R. Nagpal, R. Pawse and R. Singh. 2013 Natural biothickeners of lactic acid bacteria: alternative for commercial additives In: Nagpal, R, Kumar A and Singh R (Eds) Microbes in the Service of Mankind: Tiny Bugs with Huge Impact. by JBC Publisher page no. 346-379 (ISBN 978-9381558-85-0).
1. Kumar M, Nagpal R, Mohania D, Poddar D, Behare PV and Aggarwal PK 2008 Microorganisms Responsible for Mastitis in Dairy Animals. Dairy Planner 4: 18-20.
2. M. Kumar, V.Verma, S.K.Gautam, B.Singh, T.Anand and D.Mohania 2007. Novel Methods for Rapid and Reliable Enumeration of Microorganisms in Milk and Other Food Products. Dairy Planner Issue 10, 16-24
3. V.Verma, S.K. Gautam, B.Singh, T. Anand, M.Kumar, R.S.Manik, S.K.SinglaP.Palta and M.S.Chauhan 2006.Transgenic Livestock: Outlook for the Future. Dairy Planner.Issue 2, 35-40
4. Mamta Raghav, M.Kumar and P.K. Aggarwal 2007. Enterobacter Sakazakii A New Generation Toxigenic Pathogen In Milk Foods. Dairy Planner issue 3, vol 11 6-8.