1. Qualified CSIR-UGC-NET-2012 (Roll. No. 123888) for JRF, Assistant Professor/Lectureship in the subject of Chemical Sciences.
2. Qualified in GATE-2012 (Reg. No. CY7318180) in Chemistry.
3. Qualified in APSET-July, 2012 (Roll No. 120206981) in Chemical Sciences.
• Lifetime Member of Indian Council of Chemists (ICC) NO: LF/1813.
• Synthesis of pharmaceutically active compounds and Medicinal Chemistry.
• Natural products isolation, characterization and their synthesis.
• Development of novel synthetic methodologies and their applications in natural products synthesis.
1. Ramesh, G.; Sirisha, K.; Sneha, R.; Shravan, K. G.; Ganesh, C. K*.; Mukesh, P*.; Rajitha, B*. Design, synthesis, in vitro evaluation and docking studies of pyrazole-thiazole hybrids as antimicrobial and anti-biofilm agents.
ChemistrySelect, 2018, 3, 8270-8276, DOI: 10.1002/slct.201801391.
2. Ramesh, G.; Saikiran, R. P.; Vijjulatha, M.; Manjulatha, K.; Rajitha, G.; Narsimha, S.; Rajitha, B*. One-pot synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of fused thiazolo[2,3-b]pyrimidinone-pyrazolylcoumarin hybrids. Mol. Divers., 2018, 22, 943-956, DOI: 10.1007/s11030-018-9845-0.
3. Ramesh, G.; Ratni, S.; Krishnaiah, V.; Sarika, S.; Narsimha, S.; Rajitha, B*.; Saxena, A. K*. Synthesis and characterization of chalcone-pyridinium hybrids as potential anti-cancer and anti-microbial agents. ChemistrySelect, 2018, 3, 1424-1431, DOI: 10.1002/slct.201702971.
4. Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, G.; Ravibabu, V.; Rajitha, B*. Recyclable task-specific acidic ionic liquid [NMP]H2PO4: Microwave-assisted, efficient one-pot two-step tandem synthesis of fused thiazolo[2,3-b]quinazoline and thiazolo[2,3-b]quinazolinone derivatives. Res. Chem. Intermed., 2016, 42, 3863–3873, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-015-2249-1.
5. Ramesh, G.; Janardhan, B.; Althaf, H. S.; Ranjith, T.; Rajitha, B*. 3-(1-Phenyl-4-((2-(4-arylthiazol-2-yl)hydrazono)methyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl)-2H-chromen-2-ones: One-pot three component condensation, in vitro antimicrobial, antioxidant and molecular docking studies. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 33562–33569, DOI: 10.1039/c5ra04196a.
6. Ramesh, G.; Janardhan, B.; Rajitha, B*. Green approach: An efficient synthesis of 2,4-disubstituted-1,3-thiazoles and selenazoles in an aqueous medium under ultrasonic irradiation. Res. Chem. Intermed., 2015, 41, 8099–8109, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-014-1879-z.
7. Gandham Munikumari, Rmaiah Konakanchi, Venkata Bharat Nishtala, Ramesh, G, Laxma Reddy Kotha*, K. B. Chandrasekhar*, Chennuru Ramachandraiah*. Palladium complexes of 5-substituted Isatin thiosemicarbazone: Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, biological evaluation and in silico docking studies. Synth. Commun. 2019, 49, 146–158, DOI: 10.1080/00397911.2018.1546400.
8. Ramaiah, K.; Ramesh, G.; Bharat, N. V.; Laxma, R. K*. NaF-catalyzed efficient one-pot synthesis of dihydropyrano[2,3-c]pyrazoles under ultrasonication via MCR approach. Synth. Commun. 2018, 48, 1994-2001, DOI: 10.1080/00397911.2018.1479758.
9. Narsimha, S.; Swamy, K. B.; Satheesh, K. N.; Ramesh, G.; Narasimha, R. Y.; Vasudeva, R. N*. One-pot synthesis of fused benzoxazino[1,2,3]triazolyl[4,5-c]quinolinone derivatives and their anticancer activity. RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 74332-74339, DOI: 10.1039/c6ra12285j.
10. Rajitha, G.; Ravibabu, V.; Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel imidazo[1,2-a]pyridinopyrimidine-2,4,6(1H,3H,5H)-triones and thioxopyrimidine-4,6(1H,5H)diones. Res. Chem. Intermed., 2016, 42, 1989–1998, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-015-2130-2.
11. Rajitha, G.; Ravibabu, V.; Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*.; Jobina, R.; Siddhardha, B.; Vijaya Laxmi, S. One-pot multicomponent synthesis of novel thiazolylhydrazone derivatives and their antimicrobial activity. Res. Chem. Intermed., 2015, 41, 9703–9713, DOI: 10.1007/s11164-015-1959-8.
12. Ravibabu, V.; Ramesh, G.; Yashodhara, V.; Rajitha, B*. Synthesis and Antibacterial Evaluation of Novel 3,6-Disubstituted Coumarin Derivatives. Synth.Commun., 2015, 45, 578-585, DOI: 10.1080/00397911.2014.974612.
13. Rajitha, G.; Janardhan, B.; Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*.; Yashodhara, V.; Crooks, P. A. One-pot multicomponent synthesis of indole incorporated thiazolylcoumarins and their antibacterial, anticancer and DNA cleavage studies. Bioorganic Med. Chem. Lett., 2015, 25, 106–112, DOI: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.10.100.
Research Papers Presented at National and International conferences and Symposiums
1. Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*, (Poster): Design, synthesis, in vitro evaluation and docking studies of novel 1,3-disubstituted pyrazole-2,4-disubstituted thiazole hybrids embedding benzothiazole and coumarin moieties as antibacterial, anticandidal and anti-biofilm agents, Medicinal Chemistry Conference (MedChem-2017) on “Emerging Medicinal Chemistry Approaches against Neuropsychiatric and Neurodegenerative Diseases” at IIT-Madras during Nov-27-28th, 2017, Chennai, India.
2. Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*, (Poster): Synthesis, in vitro biological evaluation and molecular docking studies of novel N-aroylpyridinium bromide derivatives, 6th International Symposium on “Current Trends in Drug Discovery and Research,” (CTDDR-2016) at CDRI-Lucknow, during Feb-25th-28th, 2016, Uttar Pradesh, India.
3. Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*, (Poster): 3-(1-Phenyl-4-((2-(4-arylthiazol-2-yl)hydrazono)methyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl)-2H-chromen-2-ones: One-pot three component condensation, in vitro antimicrobial, antioxidant and molecular docking studies, 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on “Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry and Natural Products.” (Pharmacognosy-2015) at HICC, on Oct-26-28, 2015, Hyderabad, India.
4. Ramesh, G.; Rajitha, B*, (Poster): One-pot three-component synthesis and antimicrobial activity of pyrazolyl coumarin bearing 2,4-disubstituted thiazole derivatives, 2nd International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences” (Pharma Chem Expo-2014) at IICT, under ICETCPS-2014 on Oct-15th-17th, 2014, Hyderabad, India.