1. 1st Prize, for presenting the paper entitled “Study on electrocatalysts for electrochemical reduction of CO2 to value added
products” in Research Scholars’ Day – 2015, Centre for the Environment, IIT Guwahati, Assam, 2015.
2. Best Paper Award (2nd Runner-up) from Springer, for presenting the paper entitled “Development of catalytic activity protocol for electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide” at 4th International Conference on Advances in Energy Research, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, 2013.
3. Best Poster Award (1st Runner-up) in One Day Symposium on “Environment and Us”, Centre for the Environment, IIT Guwahati, Assam, 2012.
4. Qualified CSIR-NET (Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences) June 2011.
5. Qualified UGC-NET (Environmental Sciences) in June 2010.
6. Availed MHRD Doctoral Fellowship during 2011 – 2015.
7. Selected for the INSPIRE Doctoral Fellowship sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Delhi in 2011.
8. 1st position among all successful candidates in M.Tech. Environmental Science and Engineering, 2011.
9. 1st position among all successful candidates in M.Sc. Environmental Sciences, 2009.
Life Member of National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi.
Environmental Monitoring & Pollution Assessment, Electrochemistry and electrocatalysts, Technology development for pollution prevention
1. C.K. Jain, S. Singh*, “Best management practices for agricultural nonpoint source pollution: Policy interventions and way forward”, World Water Policy, ISSN 2639-541X, 2019, DOI 10.1002/wwp2.12015
2. C.K. Jain, U. Vaid, S.K. Sharma, S. Singh*, “Assessment of potentially toxic elements’ contamination in surface soils of Kulsi River Basin in North East India”, SN Applied Sciences, ISSN 2523-3971, Vol. 1, 2019, pp. 1 – 9. DOI 10.1007/s42452-019-0689-8
3. C.K. Jain, S. Singh*, “Impact of climate change on the hydrological dynamics of River Ganga, India”, Journal of Water and Climate Change, ISSN 2040-2244, 2018. DOI 10.2166/wcc.2018.029
4. C.K. Jain, S.K. Sharma, S. Singh, “Physico-chemical characteristics and hydrogeological mechanisms in groundwater with special reference to arsenic contamination in Barpeta District, Assam (India)”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, ISSN 0167-6369, Vol. 190, 2018. DOI 10.1007/s10661-018-6781-5
5. S. Singh, R.K. Gautam, K. Malik, A. Verma, “Ag – Co bimetallic catalyst for electrochemical reduction of CO2 to value added products”, Journal of CO2 Utilization, ISSN 2212-9820, Vol. 18, 2017, pp. 139 – 146. DOI 10.1016/j.jcou.2017.01.022
6. K. Malik, S. Singh, S. Basu, A. Verma, “Electrochemical reduction of CO2 for synthesis of green fuel”, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, ISSN 2041-840X, 2017, DOI 10.1002/wene.244
7. S. Singh, “Implications of forest fires on air quality – A perspective”, Bulletin of Environmental and Scientific Research, ISSN 2278-5205, Vol. 5, No. 3 – 4, 2016.
8. S. K. Butti, G. Velvizhi, M.L.K. Sulonen, J.M. Haavisto, E.O. Koroglu, A.Y. Cetinkaya, S. Singh, D. Arya, J.A. Modestra, K.V. Krishna, A. Verma, B. Ozkaya, A.M. Lakaniemi, J.A. Puhakka, S. Venkata Mohan “Microbial electrochemical technologies with the perspective of harnessing bioenergy: Manoeuvring towards upscaling”, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, ISSN 1364-0321, Vol. 53, 2016, pp. 462 – 476. DOI 10.1016/j.rser.2015.08.058
9. S. Singh, A. Verma, S. Basu, “Oxygen reduction non-PGM electrocatalysts for PEM fuel cells - Recent Advances”, Chapter 16 in “Electrochemical Energy: Advanced Materials and Technologies”edited by Shen P.K., Wang C.Y., Jiang S.P., Sun X., Zhang J., 2016, Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press, United Kingdom, ISBN 9781482227277, pp. 385-403, DOI 10.1201/b19061-22
10. S. Singh, B. Phukan, C. Mukherjee, A. Verma, “Salen ligand complexes as electrocatalysts for direct electrochemical reduction of gaseous carbon dioxide to value added products”, RSC Advances, ISSN 2046-2069, Vol. 5, 2015, pp. 3581-3589. DOI 10.1039/C4RA09818H 11. S. Singh, C. Mukherjee, A. Verma, “Development of catalytic activity protocol for electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide to value added products”, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, ISSN 1618-9558, Vol. 17, Issue 2, 2015, pp. 533-540. DOI 10.1007/s10098-014-0796-6
12. G.C.S. Negi, S. Singh, P.P.Dhyani, “Impact of transforming livelihood scenario in Bhimtal lake catchment in western Himalaya”, Journal of Hill Research, ISSN 0970-7050, Vol. 26, Issue 1-2, 2013, pp. 112-124.
13. S. Singh, L. M. Aeshala, A. Verma, “Sustainable Production of Fuel from Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide”, International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, ISSN 2278-0211, Vol. 1, Issue 7, 2012, pp. 155-160.